“Diversity is the mix and inclusion is getting the mix to work well together”
Over 6 consecutive editions, GDG DevFest Algiers has grown from a small 50-people event to one of the few big tech conferences in Algeria. This year, with “Diversity & Inclusion” as a main theme, DevFest 2k19 sets a goal to widen the developer community in our country by gathering tech enthusiasts of all different backgrounds and levels in one place in order for them to learn, share and compete in improving people’s daily lives with technology.
This hackathon is open to everyone who registered previously to Devfest Algiers 2019 hackathon.
An Eligible Individual may join only one Team. If a Team is entering the Hackathon, they must appoint and authorize one individual (the “Team Leader”) to represent, act, and enter a Submission, on their behalf. The Team Leader and each Team member who participates in the Challenge must meet the eligibility requirements above. By entering a Submission on the Site on behalf of a Team you represent and warrant that you are the Representative authorized to act on behalf of your Team.
All materials submitted in connection with the Hackathon must be in English or, if not, the Maker must provide an English/French/Arabic translation of the demonstration video, text description, and testing instructions as well as all other materials submitted.
- Functionality: The Application code must function as depicted in the video and/or expressed in any other materials submitted in connection with the Hackathon.
- New: Applications must be newly created by the Maker during the Hackathon Submission Period. (A github Repository must be created and the history must be accurate to the Hackathon dates)
- Testing: The Maker must make the Application available free of charge and without any restriction, for testing, evaluation and use by the Administrator and judges during the Hackathon and until the Judging Period ends. Makers must make their Application available for testing by:
- Including a link to the open source Application code on GitHub or BitBucket, etc.
- Including a readme, the appropriate open source license file, and all deployment files and testing instructions needed for testing your Application.
- Intellectual Property: Your Submission and all components thereof must: (a) be your (or your Team) original work product; (b) be solely owned by you or your Team with no other person or entity having any right or interest in it; and (c) not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and/or privacy rights, of any other person or entity.
Majda nafissa rahal
Yasmine feriel oldache
Does the app have a long term impact on Diversity & inclusion as a digital solution ? How serious is the problem your app has treated ? Is the added value of the app valuable and significant?
Is the application simple to use and can the team explain it clearly in three sentences or less ?
How user friendly is the app ?
Are the technologies used by the team relevant to the implementation of the idea ?
- Social Good